Robert Warwick - Following a comprehensive literature review, heavily influenced by complexity sciences, we came up with seven essential criteria that are important to consider in an increasingly complex world, these were:
- Go out of your way to make new connections.
- Adopt an open, enquiring mind-set, refusing to be constrained by current horizons.
- Embrace uncertainty and be positive about change – adopt an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Draw on as many different perspectives as possible; diversity is non-optional.
- Ensure leadership and decision-making are distributed throughout all levels and functions.
- Establish a compelling vision which is shared by all partners in the whole system.
- Promote the importance of values – invest as much energy into relationships and behaviours as into delivering tasks.
This is a good set of guidelines (via David Hodgson) and useful for conversations around organizational change.
Connections: develop an active PKM process, which is reviewed from time to time
Diversity: “Human systems thrive on variety and diversity. ~ Esko Kilpi”