Sense-making & collaboration in hyper-connected work environments is my professional focus. Social learning plays a significant role.
Are things more complex now, than they were five years ago?
Your Work? Your Markets? Your Customers? Your Profession?
Many organizations face the challenge of becoming more networked, collaborative, and distributed, all the while remaining agile in changing markets.
I help organizations, public & private, face complexity and create better ways of working and learning.
As the world keeps churning, work today is all about learning.
- Public Speaking & Writing
- Communities of Practice (improving social learning)
- Performance Consulting & Workforce Analysis
Some projects may be conducted in collaboration with one or more of my colleagues [Jay Cross (US), Jane Hart (UK), Charles Jennings (UK), Clark Quinn (US)] at the Internet Time Alliance, a multidisciplinary, international think tank.
Here are some clients & projects:
AstraZeneca - Collaboration and knowledge-sharing framework for the research & development division of this pharmaceutical company.
CIGNA - Informal learning and working smarter strategy for CIGNA University to support this health services company.
Canadian International Development Agency – Informal learning strategy and action plan for the Continuous Learning Division of this government agency.
I speak and write on a wide variety of topics, from social business, to the future of education & training. Contact me to develop a custom engagement that is leading-edge but always pragmatic. Here is a sample slideshow of a short presentation on Social Learning for Work.
Participant Comment from a Webinar: I have to say that it stands out for me as being one of the most memorable webinars that I’ve ever attended. It wasn’t just that the content was awesome, what really made it memorable was your well paced authoritative delivery.
- European Environment Agency – Learning Day (Denmark)
- IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies (Italy)
- Algonquin College Kaleidoscope Conference (Canada)
- National eXtension & Missouri eXtension Virtual Conferences (USA)
- Canadian Society for Training & Development
- Teaching & Learning with Technology (Canada)
- SkillSoft Canadian Perspectives
- Provincial/Territorial Distance Education Association (Canada)
- Assistant Deputy Ministers Forum (Canada)
- Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication (SWIFT) Sibos-Innotribe
- The Conference Board of Canada (HR Executives; Chief Privacy Officers; Knowledge Strategy Exchange Network)
- TULSER (Netherlands)
- Reed Learning (UK)
- DAU & GMU Innovations in eLearning (USA)
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation (USA): Expert in Residence
- US Automotive Training Managers Council
- DevLearn eLearning Guild (USA)
- HR Tech (USA)
- Atlantic Internet Marketing Conference (Canada)
- en français:
- Université de Moncton – Éducation permanente (Canada)
- eLearning & eKnowledge (Tunisie)
- Symposium formation (Canada)
- Économie du savoir (Canada)
Workshops can be customized: from half a day to several days or delivered online for your organization. Workshops are also offered through The Connected Worker.
Workshop themes include:
- From training, to performance, to social
- Personal Knowledge Management
- Social Media Workshops
- Working Smarter
- Learning & Working in Complexity
Working smarter in an increasingly complex business environment requires the integration of learning into the workflow. Whether online communities are designed more for networked learning or collaborative work, there are three major components to address:
- Business or Operational Model: how the initiative fits into the organization’s ecosystem.
- Social Architecture: how collaboration is facilitated and what aspects should supported, such as performance support; communities of practice; knowledge management, informal learning or distributed work teams.
- Technology Platform: identifying and implementing technologies that are best-suited for the organization’s business and collaboration objectives and how they can be integrated within existing constraints.
Consulting services can include business plan development, high-level architecture, statements of work, technical specifications, vendor evaluations, and support for community managers.
Performance Consulting & Strategic Alignment is a consulting service that provides a systemic and systematic approach to align the human performance systems within your organization. The service includes: performance analysis, mapping of the major systems and processes, and the structure for the basis of a business plan. This can be focused on the entire organization or a specific department. For more information, download the Strategic Alignment documentation (PDF):
PROFESSIONAL SERVICE FEES
The majority of my projects are priced at a fixed rate based on deliverables and value.
These sample rates are provided to give an idea of general fees.
Fee for Service:
Short Term (on-site): $2,500 per day
Longer Term (off-site): $2,000 per day
$5,000 includes preparation, full day on-site, resources, follow-up, and participation in related discussion panels or interviews.
Full Day: $7,000
Half Day: $4,000